Saturday, November 15, 2008

11-14 Pantages Theatre

The first night of two seeing my favorite band Gov't Mule.

This is the 3rd time I have seen them and I have to say it was the best show I have seen. A couple of reasons. (1) This was a "old school" G-Mule rock show. Loud, full of long solos, bluesy and funky. I was in heaven. (2) I was 5 feet away from the band. It is surreal to have Warren Haynes make eye contact with you and smile as you yell at him your pleasure of another monster solo. Truly memorable. Click the link below for some pics of the show. Also check out the setlist. I really wish there was a way I could get all of you a copy of the recorded show! Its off to the show again tonight. I really wonder how they are gonna top this.


Mule.net: From the Road:

Set 1
Mr. Man
Brand New Angel
About To Rage
Monkey Hill
Devil Likes It Slow
Painted Silver Light
No Need To Suffer
Kind Of Bird

Set 2
The Shape I'm In
Fool's Moon
Trane->
Eternity's Breath
St. Stephen Jam->
Drums->
Peter Gunn Jam->
Goin' Out West
Mule->
Superstition->
Mule
Soulshine

Encore
Have You Ever Loved A Woman with Davy Knowles
Gonna Send You Back To Georgia with Davy Knowles"

No comments: