Sunday, May 24, 2009

Fit Car. Not Go.


"Oh my, the humanity of it all!!!!!"

No, it isnt quite the tragedy on the proportion of the Hindenburgh and yet it was a sad day for my little white car.

First of all I am fine. Not a scratch on me, but as you can see ...the car took most of the damage.

2 weeks ago, I was taking a nice little drive , just enjoying the scenery in a town I had never been in ( yes, I like to explore the unknown) and just taking in the fresh air and sites. As I drove down the main street of this town, traffic came to a screeching halt. I slammed on my brakes and slid into a big truck. I was paying attention and not tailgating. But.....I ended up getting a ticket for "innattentive driving". Will have to make a court appearance. Geez, first ticket and car accident I have had in close to 25 years. Hopefully the judge will take that into consideration.

Pretty interesting that all this damage was caused going about 15 mph. Of course sliding into a stationary truck right into his trailer hitch ( ummmm I am a little low to the ground!) will do that to a car that has a large amount of plastic. The grand total of damage came to $8200. Ouch.... Thank you insurance!

2 comments:

Bar L. said...

BUMMER! Glad you weren't hurt!

Lori said...

ouch that is a lot! I could buy a nice little car for my Megs with that amount!