Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Metallica Setlist/Review




That Was Just Your Life
The End Of The Line
Ride The Lightning
Holier Than Thou
One
Broken, Beat And Scarred
Cyanide
Sad But True
Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
All Nightmare Long
The Day That Never Comes
Master Of Puppets
Fight Fire With Fire
Nothing Else Matters
Enter Sandman
- - - - - - - -
Die, Die My Darling
Motorbreath
Seek and Destroy


This was like a meal where the appetizers were so horrid you were ready to go to another resturant. Thankfully the promise of the main course kept you there.

The 2 opening bands ( Godija and Lamb of God) were just plain noise. Not a word was understood and the "music" sounded about as good as me trying to tune my guitar with my amp. Just plain anger and noise. While I love an angry tune as much as the next dude, this stuff was just plain crap. If I heard the lead singer from Lamb Of God scream " Give me some noise you MotherF#$#ers" one more time, I was gonna go down there and unplug each and every one of these dufus's.

Thankfully, Metallica knows how to put on a concert. Believe it or not, I could really feel the appreciation from the band as the crowd roared all night for them. Yes, even snotty Lars seemed happy to be playing for the packed house. Even though Metallica's catalog is filled with songs of alienation and anger. I walked away feeling that they are in touch with their audience and what this music provides to them. Its like they feel responsible for it. I found it refreshing to see a veteran band at grips with that. Especailly a band like Metallica, that has made many missteps when its come to its core audience. I enjoyed this show very much. Even though I am not a hard core Metallica fan.

2 comments:

BeckEye said...

Yeah, but how many times did James say, "fuck?"

Mike said...

Only once! It was the 2 horrible opening acts that went waaaaaay overboard on that.